Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Crafting"

So I follow quite a few blogs that are constantly reminding me how little time I truly have/set aside for crafting- or "diy projects". (Crafting sounds a little dated, and too old for me. I have "projects", and they're not all crafty, really- many of them involve sewing and sawing and nailing, etc.) That being said, I haven't even made time to fix my sewing machine. I'm tired of showing my inspirations and ready to start showing some creations.
Today, my time was spent putting together a tv stand that I only had to take apart and try again three times. (My dad advised me to wait until my boyfriend got home to actually put the tv on it. Ha.) After I got done, I had such a sense of accomplishment, that I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on my shows and eating ice cream. It's too hot to do much of anything else. And I have to wait for my boyfriend to get home so I can get ready and then make my guacamole (!) for a friend's b-day bbq tonight.
While I might complain about the time I don't have for certain things, I am definitely thankful for the things that are currently occupying that time. I can't wait to show you guys what I'll be working on. And in the meantime, don't forget about my mama's amazing pillows!
Hope you're having an equally fabulous week (and a little more productive one).

No comments:

Post a Comment