Saturday, July 23, 2011

Air mattress

So our bedroom currently consists of a dresser (from Goodwill for $15 that we stained together last summer), our old mattress, underneath an air mattress, and one nightstand. And all of our clothes. Needless to say, it has not come together. I think it is/needs to be our next project to tackle. We really need a nice, relaxing, comfortable place to crash at the end of the day. While the living room is where we wind down, I really miss sitting up in bed reading a book before bed. I'm leaning towards a softer, but darker tan for the walls and going with a neutral color scheme of black and whites. Here are my inspirations so far.

via
Love the curtains and with our bedroom being as large as our living room, a small sitting area is do-able.
via
I would love to upholster a bench for the end of the bed.
via
Want the bed, side table, curtains and I love the deepness of the wall color.
via
These are the neutrals in darker shades I'm looking for. Nice and bright during the day, nice and warm at night.
via
I would love to make a simple headboard like this. I think a foot board would really cut up the room, which I hate to do. I want to utilize the space and these curtains are a great example of how to draw the eye up and make a room seem larger.
via
These woods-in the dresser, armoire and chairs are exactly what I want. Love the canopy bed too. I have SO much to do! But I'm so ready to upgrade our air mattress to a real, grown-up bedroom. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I was shopping around for a comfortable mattress, but at the same time, I needed quality for the budget in mind. This was very important to me, because often enough, when people shop for their bed configurations, either quality or their savings are diminished. This was the case for me a few years back when I went to a local store: the inconvenient nature of shopping around at the retail store looking at beds that were either priced too high in comparison to the quality or priced low with terrible quality. http://www.amerisleep.com/amerisleep-vs-tempurpedic

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated.
    latex matress

    ReplyDelete