Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Front Porch

I'm hoping to be able to take Duke to the beach later today, weather permitting. But, if it rains/storms like it's supposed to, I'd love to let him play outside anyways, without either of us getting soaked. This is when our covered patio in the back with come in handy, but our porches (that's right; we have more than one) should work for now. I do wish we had some better seating... and maybe lighting so we could sit out there in the evenings... here's what I'm going dreaming for.

via
 I love, love, love Southern porches. With their classic white rocking chairs, swinging chair (which reminds me of swinging on my grandpas porch) and those ferns - I have ferns on both porches and there are baby birds in one of them!

via
 I could sleep out here! Those look so comfy!

via
 Not only do I adore this porch, I love this style of home. Definitely on my future house checklist.

via
 How 'boat those headrests and lights?!

via
 This is just ridiculous. And what I hope our backroom turns into when we rip it off.

via
 I really think we need some ceiling fans on the porch now.

via
This railing is so neat- we saw it on This Old House. It's made specifically for waterfront properties, with the wind and whatnot. Wouldn't mind this view either!

Keep your fingers crossed for Duke and the beach (I'm sure he'd have his crossed if he knew what was at stake...and if he had fingers.)

1 comment:

  1. a porch is the empitome of summer. your images call for hand cranked vanilla ice cream prepared by a cast of children, summonded from the sprinkler, and then a delightful nap that has no timetable.

    ReplyDelete