Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Farmhouse Bed

This is by far the most exciting project I have for the house so far. I've been searching for beds for a while; as I've mentioned before, our mattress and box spring are currently on the floor, sans bed frame. I came across this amazing website featuring all sorts of diy projects, ranging from bookshelves to beds! When I found this bed plan for half the price of a store bought, I had to show it to the boyfriend to see if it was even possible.
Good news- it is!

via

via

via
via
These are a few variations. I'm not sure which one we'll use but one thing is for sure-I am all about the dark wood. I was leaning towards an upholstered headboard- not anymore! I can't wait to get the lumber for this and get started!

1 comment:

  1. the two of you have, always, made your house (or apt) a home. the enthusiasm and creativity that you share is evident as you walk through the front door.

    ReplyDelete