Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

More than Enough

Today, we are supposed to take a step back (from the mounds of food) and look at everything in our lives and what we are grateful for. Even though my attitude is less than desirable most days, I truly do have a lot to be thankful for.
 
My Family. Without whom I would not be where I am today, or anywhere close. I don't even like to think about where I would be. They are my ever constant support system and I cannot imagine my life without them in it. I am so lucky to have such a close-knit family that I can talk to anytime of day, everyday. (Can't wait to see them tomorrow- so glad I moved up here!)
 
My friends. Most have come and gone. And even though the best are thousands of miles away, I love them even more than when we were minutes from each other. Danielle has been and will be my best friend, forever. She is family (my parents favorite daughter) and I am ever thankful for our ridiculously committed, silly and beautiful friendship.


My boyfriend. Another part of my support system and someone who changed my life forever. I can't imagine my life without him, and also don't like to think about where I may have ended up had he not saved me. I truly don't know how he puts up with me on a daily basis and has intentions of doing so for a while. Like for the rest of our lives. I love everything about him and cannot wait to spend my forever, and ever with him.


My boyfriends family. It may have taken a while, but I love them too. They are one of kind but good people. I am ever grateful for what they have done for the boyfriend and I and love that we can spend so much time with them. Like the majority of the time, we had a blast with them today.


My job. Going on my fourth year at the resort at the lake, I have gone from an intern without a clue to a supervisor. While some days are better (waaaay better) than others, I am incredibly thankful for what they have done for me. I have grown and matured as well as found a career with this organization and look forward to the seasons to come.
PS- my job (and parents) allowed me buy my first car this week. Which I am also really, really grateful for and excited about. And the boyfriend is too. ;)


So, really, when I look at it, I've got it pretty good. Instead of only looking at things in this light one day a year, we should make an effort to see things this way everyday. Then we will be happier, healthier, and see that we truly have more than enough.

{All images via Pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment