Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

We're Home!

We finally got moved in! Sorry for the lack of posts (and that I left you which such a downer one to hold you over). We won't get internet until Thursday so until then, my posts are going to be limited. Plus, I don't have any good pics of the new place so these posts are going to be kind of boring anyways.
Things have been beautifully hectic. We're eating meals on the living room floor, sleeping on an air mattress because our bed won't fit upstairs, I've thrown away even more crap that we've unpacked and our clothes are everywhere. But we're happy. And luckily, I was able to stay home for a bit this afternoon before having to come into work and in those 3 and a half hours, I got more done than we've been able to do all week. There's still a ton to do; tomorrow we're visiting the greenhouse and Wednesday, we both have the day off so we're going to furniture shopping (!!!). We can't wait. I now have a much better idea of what we can and can't do, which somehow still hasn't cut down my time spent daydreaming and collecting these pictures that I share with y'all.
In the spirit of decorating and designing our home, here are 5 decorating mantras that I came across that I think everyone should keep in mind, whether decorating professionally or like us. My parents (who have always had amazing taste) taught me most of these but  thought I'd refresh our memories. 
More updates and pictures to follow! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment