Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Success

Today, and throughout my college career, there have been times where it seems like I can't do anything right, get anywhere I want or need to be, or get done what I need to get done. I felt like even though I knew what I needed and wanted to do, I just couldn't do it, for whatever reason. No one would let me and my hard work in! It felt kinda like this-

via

via
And it was extremely frustrating. Well, I had a meeting today with a professor (if you could even call her that) and I got that feeling again. I'll spare you the details, but it felt like this woman and her ridiculous... expectations, or theories? I don't know what you would call them really- could stand in my way of things like graduation, my self esteem staying at the levels it's been at, etc. But the more I thought about it, the less and less it bothered me. Which is rare (I tend to take things pretty personally and dwell on them for a while). Instead, I thought of all the wonderful things I've been able to accomplish in spite of this particular teacher and her need to make everyone in the class feel worthless. All of my other professors have had nothing but nice things and encouraging words for me throughout the semester. My co-workers are supportive. My boyfriend, best friend and family are my number one fans and support me through anything and everything.
I've done a lot of good things. I've had some slip ups and made mistakes, but learned from them. I've gone through 5 years of college and have come out the other side with a job, a place to live, and endless opportunities, which, sadly, is not something many of my peers can say. I have many talents that range from violin playing to cooking and sewing. So while some people seem to be set on putting you down, don't let them. Focus on what you have done, even the small things- I made dinner and cleaned the apartment today. Therefore, today was a success. If we take a step back and look at our lives this way, instead of letting those negative people around us (who are more than likely miserable with their own lives) bring us down, we can choose to be happy and successful.

via
And today, I am successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment