Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let's Go Outside!

So the house that we're looking at (and I say that because I don't want to jinx anything and assume that everything will work out-can't risk it with the luck we've had with this house hunt) has a huge yard, 2 porches and a deck. The weather is finally warming up and needless to say, I cannot wait to get into that house just so we can start spending time outside! I've been looking at landscaping, which is a design element of a home I didn't think I'd be able to play with until later on. And I love it! There's so much you can do with an outdoor space. Here are some of my inspirations.

via
I love the vibrant reds! This can look good in any season. I love the cushion fabric too. So darling.

via
This is kind of unrealistic, but it's so whimsical and a great representation of making an indoor space outdoors.

via
This is something that would've been perfect in New Mexico, but I wanted to share the barrel tables! What an inexpensive but bold and useful element!

via
This looks juuuust right. :)

via
These lanterns are from IKEA- my parents actually have some and I'm always trying to steal a few for myself.

via
While elaborate, there are tons of elements in this space that I adore- the white, the table, the chandelier, the flowers, the curtains, the fence, the landscaping... pretty much the whole thing. But scaled down a bit.

1 comment:

  1. i love the second one (and your use of the word whimsical). have you seen that commercial where the couple has just gotten married and they have this tent set up outdoors somewhere with their wedding bed in it? SO darling.
    calli and i were just saying yesterday that we should get a cushioned swing to put in between our front doors. also, my parents are enclosing their back porch area and plan on getting wicker furniture or something in hopes of getting more use out of it.

    ReplyDelete