Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Next Stage

I finished my last college course on Friday. The statement itself is crazy, and hasn't even really hit me yet. I've been asked how it feels, and honestly, I don't know. Things have been so hectic since then that I haven't really had a chance to sit down and reflect. I don't even know if it has anything to do with time; I don't know that I'm ready to think about it. It's not necessarily scary, but it's different. An adjustment. That I will make in due time, I suppose. Right now, work has taken over the time that used to be dedicated to school. Maybe that's why it doesn't feel different yet. I kept thinking about what I would do with all this extra time and couldn't come up with a whole lot. I thought about my best friend and what she's been doing since she graduated (and the fact that I didn't really know made me sad). Maybe it doesn't feel different because I didn't go to graduation. I didn't really see the point in all the hoop-la if I wasn't officially done anyways (I had two more summer classes to go); it would have just irritated me. And it was going to be a huge hassle for everyone to get there, sit in a big arena just for two seconds of my name being read. Not worth it.
So here I am; a new college grad. I feel educated, and somewhat smarter. I feel older. More responsible. Overly joyed (and relieved) that it's all over. But more anxious to get on to the next stage of my life, with my amazing family, boyfriend and friends. And what that is, I do not know yet. But (we're all) excited to find out. :)

via
Happy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment