Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Done. Almost.

I know y'all (and I use the term loosely, because who are we kidding- not a whole lot of people really read this thing yet) are probably tired of hearing about my moving. And trust me, it feels never ending to us to. But in light of being almost done, I thought I'd share an insight.
It's been a loooooooong couple of months. With school, work, trying to find a place to live, we're pretty beat. My boyfriend has probably had about 8 hours of sleep- in the past week. I don't know how he's doing it. And with my... emotional tendancies, I know I haven't made it any easier for him. We've driven more miles back and forth to work, class, and taking Jeep loads of stuff and spent more gas money than we care to think about. It's a rough time to be starting out. But we're doing it.
Today is my last day in this one bedroom apartment. My first apartment. Usually I can't wait to move on and get out of the place I've convinced myself I hate. And don't get me wrong-I'm not going to miss the downtown traffic, the noisy neighbors and the break-ins, and I'm out of this world excited to be moving into a real house with my boyfriend, but I'm going to miss this place. I grew as a person, and we grew as a couple here. There are memories in this place that will last forever, that we'll laugh about years from now and have certainly learned from. I may not have appreciated all of it at the time, but I'm glad we starting out living together in such a small space. Like I've been told by friends and colleagues- it's best to live with someone first, before you marry them. That way you know what you're getting yourself into.
Today was also the last day of my first of two summer classes. And I did extremely well, which I didn't think I would with trying to move and cram homework into time around packing and trying to move everything out.
This road has been a long one; one that we didn't know we would both be able to stay on at times. But now that it's coming to an end and we've (almost) made it through this move, I know we can do anything. And I can't wait to see where the next road takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment