Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Enjoying the good.

My event for my management lab was today- I planned and executed a lunch hosted at the school's on campus restaurant. I've been stressing out about it for weeks and have been in some less than pleasant moods (sorry, boyfriend). I hate that I let it get to me and that it prevented me from other (more enjoyable) things this week. Having said that, I definitely learned from this whole experience.
I've never really had to plan an event like this by myself before and being the Type A personality that I am, I was borderline obsessed over the details. However, I think that managers need to be this way in certain situations, otherwise things get done, but in the wrong way or in not as good condition as it could have been.
But! Things shouldn't be over analyzed to the point that the good things are overlooked. There were a lot of great things going on at today's event that might have been missed had I continued to be sooo stressed out. Sometimes, you have to stop worrying, trust your employees/people, enjoy the simple things and let things be.
In the end, I had fun! I think I'm going to like being a manager. In the midst of feeding people, the relief that it went so well- and that it's over!- here's some food for thought (eh, eh? get it?)

via

If you get a chance, visit this tumblr site. It's full of "little things". If anything, it's a great pick me up.

via

via

No comments:

Post a Comment