Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Birfday.

I turned 23 on Tuesday. It was a fantastic birthday, but it not only made me feel old, but really made me miss my kid birthdays. (Don't worry- I looked just like this. Curls and all.)

via
We'd have the kids over for cake and hot dogs or hamburgers my dad grilled, then came the classic pony ride party (I got to feed one a carrot!), then Chuck-E-Cheese or Celebration Station, then the mini-golf parties (especially popular in Florida, while living in a golf course community-go figure), then the Disney World trips, about 4 (also while we lived in Florida). I got to ride in the front of the monorail, and Goofy talked to me on the phone. And no, it was not a recording...ya it was; he's really busy!

via
My mom plans on living in Minnie's pad (above), or the castle. Whatever works.

After Disney, I didn't really try to top it and I honestly don't know if I could. Props to my parents. They went all out. My mom was the best at bringing the food in for the class. She made these amazing cupcakes in ice cream cones- pretty original at the time, and a huge hit with the kiddos, and me.

via

via

via
They've also kept the tradition up of making me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and homemade noodles for dinner, even if I can't make it to their place on my birthday. But on my own, I've kept it pretty simple. For my 21st, I had a really laid back get together with my best friend and some Key West shrimp I made and Blue Moon. While this birthday was amazing-I got to spend it with my boyfriend and had a darling lunch with the family last weekend and my best friend made a special blog post that caused some waterworks, I'm realizing that the pony rides are over. The time has come for grown-up parties.
via
And I'm okay with that. At least I have my chocolate-chip pancakes to count on.

via

No comments:

Post a Comment