Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Skinny jeans, and boots!

I wasn't planning on doing a post for today (I've gotten in the habit of making them the night before) because I'm up to my tired eyeballs in school work. But it snowed like crazy and my 8am class and morning lab were canceled so I have a little time today to take a break and write something I actually enjoy.
We went to Target a couple weekends ago to get some bowls for an event that I'm planning for one of the two cooking labs I'm taking this semester. They had some jeans on sale and forgetting that our gym membership expired and hasn't been renewed, I bought the wrong size and didn't realize it until we drove the 2 hours home. I didn't get to return them until this past weekend and thought for sure they wouldn't have any of my size left. Not only did they, but they were marked down to $5 a piece and I found the skinny jeans I've been saving for- they were on clearance for 9 bucks. My boots finally became borderline homeless looking so we went to the mall... on a weekend. Needless to say, we didn't find any shoes. On the way back into town, we stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up some things for a cake  I wanted to make for my parents visit the next day and stopped by the shoe section on the way out- I found the boots I wanted! And they were also on clearance for (drum roll) $10! I got the cake made, my parents came for a visit, and we got to see the boyfriend's family the day before. And! Turns out, I look pretty good in skinny jeans. It was a very successful weekend.
Here are some newfound style inspirations.

via
 I love this look with simple heels. I can't wait until the snow clears up so I can break mine out!
via
 I also already tried rolling them up- they're gonna look so cute with flip flops! Again- just waiting for this snow to get outta here!
via
I'm so glad these can be work with such varying things; heels, flips, tailored jackets, and t-shirts. It was definitely a good purchase. 

Ok, back to homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment