Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bricks

Being in this less than luxurious student-oriented apartment makes one appreciate the small things, especially when we watch HGTV all the time and are reminded of what we don't have. However, there are some times when I want to jump into the tv and smack some people around (my boyfriend can attest to my yelling at the tv). Some people are just plain stupid. They have no idea what they have, whether it's in appliances, interior design features or original elements of the home.
The most recent incident to really make my blood boil was an episode of House Hunters on HGTV. A couple decided to make the jump and become homeowners- typical episode. Their demands were ridiculous; 3 bedrooms, for the future kiddos right? Nope. For separate offices and their cats. And no- they didn't work from home. But the real kicker was the house they chose, but almost didn't. The holdup? A gorgeous brick archway leading from the living room to the rest of the house. It was amazing, and original. When they chose the property, they talked about knocking it out, or painting it *shudder*. I almost cried. It's on of my biggest interior design pet peeves. I can only hope that we're lucky enough to find a place someday with some bricks in or on it. Here are some of my inspirations.

via
 This looks almost exactly what the couples arch looked like- why the heck mess with such a thing?!


via
I love the rustic look of the brick paired with the nail-head details of the booths. Simply gorgeous.

via
I love, love, love how they were able to not only find such amazing brick work, but managed to make it a focal point by using it for a headboard (ps- note the chandelier). So simple, yet so bold and beautiful.

via
Love the couch, love the walls (both brick and wood), the window, the rug. They nailed it here. I can imagine one of our future spaces looking similar to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment