Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

(New) Mexican Night

We try to have tacos/burritos every Friday or Saturday night because, luckily, I have a boyfriend who loves Mexican food almost as much as me. Last night we made burritos, guacamole and homemade chips. Here's how to make the chips:

Preheat oven to 350 (or lower- they don't take very long to crisp up.)
Cut 4 flour tortillas into 8 pieces and arrange on two sheet pans.


Make oil mixture of about a tbsp. of olive oil, a tsp of both salt and pepper and a dash of garlic powder.


Whisk together and drizzle evenly over tortillas.


Bake for 5-10 min (depends on your oven- ours runs a little hot) or until edges are golden brown.

Maybe I'll share my guacamole recipe another time... It's pretty popular (my mom usually refuses to eat tacos without it) but I can't take all the credit- living in New Mexico definitely helped, especially with my "second" family who fed me all the time (which I miss terribly). Anyway, here was my little piece of New Mexico way up here in PA.

And yes, I had two more plates that looked just like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment