Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Be a Lady

I'm a bit of a half-breed, as my boyfriend so lovingly puts it. I am the daughter of a strong, sincere, loving Southern woman and a well-educated, kind, Yankee gentlemen. To put it simply, I was raised to be a lady. And while I have not always been as ladylike as my parents may have liked, I realize it has been instilled in me enough that it's exactly what I (now) genuinely strive to be.
During my recovery yesterday after working the night to am shift, I came across this darling Tumblr and almost every post sounded like my mother, and father (I can't tell you how many times growing up that I heard "Brittany Taylor! That's not very lady-like." haha Don't fret- it was mostly in reference to a burp worthy of a trucker and a mouth worthy of a sailor).
I wanted to share with y'all some of my favorite "instructions" (now, there are a lot, and I've heard most of them before, but it never hurts to be reminded- and it was nice to see these things again. I have quite the amazing parents).

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I firmly believe we should constantly grow, work on, develop, and better ourselves. And these are certainly a great guide to continue to improve one's self.

2 comments:

  1. this family is extremely blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I definitely need to work on acting like a lady.

    ReplyDelete