Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Puppy!

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I really, really, have always wanted a dog. Not just a pet, a dog. I love them and they've never failed to make me a happy girl when in their company. One of my favorite parts of going to the boyfriends family farm is getting to see the dogs (and the baby cows, but we can't have one of those).
Since we've pretty much settled into the house and have gotten into a comfortable routine, we had to take an opportunity that we came across to have a dog of our own. The timing is as perfect as it's going to get and it was quite a steal for such a well bred dog, with the option to breed him in the future, and to find one with hunting in it's blood already was just what the boyfriend wanted. Of course, he's not just an investment. We're very much doing this for our lives, and our health. Who doesn't immediately get happy around puppies?! The group picture below is currently my background (on my laptop and phone)- it puts a smile on my face whenever I see our potential pup. And as you know, we struggle to get out to exercise. Puppies need exercise! What a wonderful excuse he'll be to drive up to the park and play.
He's a full AKC registered black lab and we only have to wait three weeks before we can go pick him up, which gives us plenty of time to finish up our projects (don't worry-the bed and painting are Numero Uno on the list!) as well as stock up on supplies for the little guy. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!
Here is a group picture the breeder sent to us. We have first dibs on the boys in the green and blue collars. We just couldn't make up our minds so we're letting fate decide when we get there. We're also deciding on a name- Duke and Remington are the best we've come up with so far. Any suggestions?

We can't wait to meet our new pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment