Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Things I NEED

With work not being nearly as busy as it usually is and the boyfriend going hunting every chance he gets, I've had a little (okay, an obscene amount of) time to browse the net. When I started my blog, I called it "research" and "work". But it's become somewhat of an obsession. I just cannot seem to stop looking at pictures. Tumblr and Pinterest should get restraining orders. And while I'm expanding my horizons in many aspects, like home decor, diy, style and beauty, sometimes I feel like I'm doing more harm than good. Because now, I've created a list of things that I feel like I need. Why? To keep up with the trends? To make me feel better? To make me happy? Who cares?! There are cute things out there and I need them.
I'll focus on style for now, because I just got done drooling over the Daybook blog again. Love that girl.
Here's what I'm currently after:

- Longer jeans and/or pants.
Now that I've become comfortable and some days actually prefer wearing heeled boots and shoes, I need longer jeans (and pants- to shake things up) to avoid the high-water affect.
via
via
- Tights and/or leggins to go under jeans or wear with shorts or skirts. And again, something to go with my new shoes. And to have something different to wear in these winter months besides jeans every day.
via
via

- Skinny Belts
This is more of a challenge for myself. If I buy them, I'll have to lose weight in order to not look like a stuffed sausage with one on. And Charlotte Russe just came out with glitter belts. Score.
via
via

- Trench coat and or/ a blazer
Something different for this weather. I had very few (like, 2) winter coats to begin with. Now that they no longer fit, or look relevant, I need something new.
via

via

via

- Nude heels
I have seen these things everywhere and love, love, love them. They go with anything and everything. And make you look tanner. Hopefully.
via
via

- Sparkly nail polish
Just a simple top coat would do. To update my current stash of nail polish.
via

- Self-tanner/ a place to get a spray tan
Ha this is something that I struggle with in the summer. Winter brings out my true ginger shade of pale.
via

- To stick to my workout "plan"
Surprisingly, I've done well with this. It's only been a few days, but I've been able to work out for half an hour everyday. Yesterday was my first morning off since the boyfriend didn't got hunting and we were able to sleep in and I'm feeling it. I'm cramping up and want to work out. Good sign. (PS- I've been doing this 30 day challenge every day- it only takes about half an hour. So doable.)

via

- To make what I have in my make-shift closet work for now and focus on more important things...
This is ultimately what I will have to settle for, as money is tight during the holidays and I really shouldn't be worried about such silly things. But it's fun to plan dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment