Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Keep Reading.

My mom sent me this link the other night with the following advice:
"Keep reading. Especially the classics. 
It's important that you re-read them at different ages 
because your dreams will be more in focus and will expand."
Such a smart lady. I recently depleted my stash of books and haven't read a good book in a long time. So I'm planning a trip to the local library this week. I'm not sure how much luck I'll have in this town, but in PA, your library card is also accepted at other PA libraries. So I've got options. I'm so ready to have something to lose myself in, especially right before bedtime. I always sleep better and have somewhat better dreams after reading a good book. Can't beat it. This quote beautifully represents reading. (The tumblr it's from is really neat too.)

In reality, she has been everywhere

Her mind wanders around, always. Whenever she watches a movie or reads a book, the characters come alive in her head and they live there forever after. Whenever she sees a photograph of a beautiful place somewhere on this earth or not, she lives there for a substantial amount of time in her mind. Sometimes these places are energetic, filled with interesting people from all walks of life and full of adventures. She lived in London, Tokyo, New York City even, and Paris. Sometimes, however, they are peaceful, quiet, tranquil, like Rome’s St Peter’s square at night, or the lake of Geneva in the early dawn. The top of the Alps, a small island in the Atlantic. She moves from one place to the other in just a split second, with a look at a photograph. I wonder where she lives these days. Her body is seated in the park under a tree, her mind might be living in a tiny, dirty apartment somewhere in Moscow with all the characters from Carroll’s ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’. I would love to come over for dinner sometime, stranger.

via
via
via
via

No comments:

Post a Comment