Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Keep your chin up, kid.

Today was a trying day. School and people are really getting on my nerves. To the point where my eye twitches almost every day now. Mix that with trying to graduate and find a place to live in the next three weeks, and you've got yourself one hot mess.
But while I'm exhausted with quite the headache and what could have been a relaxing and indulgent hot shower turned into a five minute rinse because being on my feet for 13 hours has turned my legs into jello, I'm trying to keep my chin up.
I've found in life that the hardest things to do are almost the most worth it. Whether it be work, school, or relationships with family, friends and my boyfriend. My parents have said for as long as I can remember, "If it was easy, everyone would do it." Which is so true, isn't it? Not everyone goes to college. Or gets a job, and a chance to move up. Nor does everyone have the opportunity to choose where they live. Every time I'm on the phone with my mom complaining/whining about this, that and the other thing, her response is, "These are all good things." And she's right. (Parents pretty much always are. And the sooner we learn this, the better off we'll be.)
So! I wanted to enlighten y'all before I go away for a work and family and house-hunting filled weekend. Just keep walking, running, and even crawling down your own road. We'll get there. And it'll be amazing.

via

No comments:

Post a Comment