Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Menu Planning

In my quest to become more organized this year, I started menu planning. Not only do I get all my grocery shopping done for TWO weeks worth of meals in one trip, but I've been able to set and (for the most part) stick to a budget, which has saved time and money, both of which are super valuable right now. It's also been a great way to incorporate favorite meals, not be as repetitive, and try out new Pinterest recipes. I think it will be especially helpful when we go back to work. Not having to think of something to make then scramble to make it is going to be so nice.
Here's what my menu looks like. I print front and back to save paper. I simply write in what meals I'd we'd like to have and what ingredients I need that I don't already have on hand. Surprisingly, I usually only need about 20 items per two weeks, including the basics; bread, eggs, milk, etc.


Wk:
Meal
Needed Ingredients

One




Two




Three




Four




Five




Six




Seven





Breakfasts







Lunches






Desserts






Smoothies






Snacks







So this is a great way to cut down on what we think we'll eat but end up throwing away. I'll also share my grocery list with you. After menu planning, just write the ingredients you'll need to purchase in the section it applies to on the list. Example: milk, yogurt, cheese will all go under "Dairy". Pretty easy. And it makes it so nice when shopping. This saves a lot of time and avoids a random list which means missed items.
I hope this helps!

Dairy
Veggies
Fruit
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }

Meats
Canned & Boxed
Breads
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }

Frozen
Snacks
Baking
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }

Breakfast
Paper Goods
Health & Beauty
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }

Cleaning
Duke
Miscellaneous
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }
{   }









1 comment:

  1. comfort in the planning. comfort in the preperation. comfort food. delicious.

    ReplyDelete