Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Indecisiveness

So I had a bit of an epitome today while browsing through my first blog posts (which I feel like I should apologize for- they're a bit wordy, not as funny as I thought I was being, and super whiny.)
In reading my younger selfs thoughts and wishes and dreams, it made me a little sad to see that so many things I thought were going happen and get done... didn't.
The more I read, the more I could see why.
Circumstances played a part, sure. But most of the problem is me and my 'tude. And flip flopping. And indecisiveness. In my need for everything to be pefecto, I missed didn't do as much as I could've, wasn't as happy as I could've been.
In my last couple of weeks off from work, I've had a lot (a lot) of time to reflect, relax, cook, clean, organize, visit, chat, cuddle, love, re-think, re-organize, etc. But I've found that I'm most happy and satisfied when I just do it, buy it, toss it, wear it, donate it, clean it, say it, move it. I've spent so much time in the past thinking too much about things. It's one thing to be money and design conscience. It's other to miss out entirely because of over-thinking.

I also feel like I need to print out all of my motivational speeches after these "epitomes" and put them everywhere. I seem to forget that I learned something pretty shortly after learning it.

And that's all I have to say about that.

1 comment: