Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Who I Am...

In the aftermath of a slight breakdown the other day, my mom went into lecture mode (really quickly, and impressively) and reminded me of some things that I really needed to hear. One thing she said that really struck me was that "your job is not who you are, it's just something you do". The more I thought about it, the better it made me feel.
I'm still very much in the discovering stage of finding out what it is that makes me who I am. I don't have very many big things in comparison to other people (like my boyfriend for example, has things like starting a business, getting promotions, being offered several amazing jobs, being able to juggle it all, while putting up with me). While I shouldn't compare myself to others, I do try to look to them for inspiration. My parents, my boyfriend and my best friend continue to be huge inspirations to me every day.
I'm making more of an effort to surround myself with people like this, who are not only inspirations, but believe in me as well.
That being said, the morning after, I received some great news and proof that God was taking action in my life; all I have to do is keep working hard and keep the faith. Then, my day was filled with puppy cuddling and the evening was spent with cake, pie, ice cream, laughter, and my boyfriends family. It was more than exactly what I needed. And my parents are coming over today. And I'm planning to see my best friend for her birthday, which means I'll get to see her family too (and in planning this, I got to talk to her on the phone and just hearing her voice was a comfort).
In figuring out who I am, I am finding that I am blessed. With an amazing family that grows and gets stronger every day. And who continue to shape me in ways I can't even begin to thank them for.

via

No comments:

Post a Comment