Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Last Day

Today is my dads last day of work. Ever. He's retiring. And deserves it more than anyone I know.
That is something my parents always instilled in my brother and I; that hard work and faith is why we had all that we had and got to see and do the things we did (which is a lot more than most, and something I'll never be able to thank them enough for).
My dad did whatever it took to keep our family going. And he was good at all of it. He has been a teacher to both my brother and I along the way and his wisdom about the workplace and career paths (and life in general) are something I need to try to obtain as much as possible, and should probably be writing down.
I hope that this day will be a happy day for him and my mom. They have had to put up with a lot and have been through even more. They deserve the best. And today marks another beautiful beginning for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment