Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Shrimp Hoagies

This variation of shrimp scampi has been a staple in my family's household for years and enjoyed on many Sunday afternoons after church. (I wish I had pictures to share, but not only was the lighting in the kitchen completely off with the storm coming in, I was way too hungry.)

- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 stick butter
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3-4 cloves garlic (fresh, preferably)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- parsley
- dill
- Parmesan cheese
- mushroom (optional)
- hoagie rolls
- lettuce
- cucumbers and/or pickles
- mayo, Ranch dressing, etc.

1. In pan, heat butter, olive oil, minced garlic. Add shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes. (You can also grill the shrimp-amazing alternative).
2. Add cream, chicken broth, lemon juice, parsley and dill to taste. Stir.
3. Grate Parmesan cheese; add a bit to sauce. I like to leave some aside to top my hoagie also.
4. Assemble the hoagie with whatever sandwich toppings you'd like. I had Swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce and cucumbers on mine today. This a sandwich with so much flavor from the shrimp that a couple of toppings are all it needs. *Another option is to assemble everything in a soft tortilla shell.
5. Serve with chips, salad, fruit, etc.

This is a light, refreshing lunch or dinner but is plenty filling. It easily feeds 4, but even it's just one or two of you, I recommend making the whole recipe for 4 (as I usually do). I was able to make a hoagie for myself and use the rest for actual shrimp scampi over penne pasta for dinner.
Y'all enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. taking a recipe from history not so long ago and making it with new memories to share with the ones you love. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete