Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Downton Abbey

I'm not sure why I haven't earlier, and by now, most of you have probably heard of it anyways, but I'd like to share the absolutely captivating WWI era based mini-series Downton Abbey.
My mother told me about it after Season 1 ended and I was able to catch an episodes online. That was all it took. It is ridiculously addicting. There are so many plots and twists and surprises. I cry and laugh and worry and cringe and get angry at some point, during every single episode. You must, must read the synopsis of Season 1, catch up on Season 2 and begin watching every Sunday. It is my favorite show since Gilmore Girls. Which should say alot considering I have just about every episode of G.G. taped on my dvr, because I can re-watch them twice (or 5 times). My parents watch it, the boyfriends parents watch it and the boyfriend himself has been getting quite into it. The scenery, the castle it is filmed in, the costumes, the romance, the music, the accents! Everything about it is not only authentic but absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend it and am so thrilled to see it doing so well. I only hope they can keep it going- there's way too much going on for them to stop now!


via
via

via
via
via
via
via
via
via
via

1 comment:

  1. we have watched pbs programs together in this family ever since you were little. how wonderful to experience such a classic with you after all of this time. it doesn't get any better for a parent.

    ReplyDelete